Links & Resources for COVID-19
Food Services for PCPS Families and Students
- Please visit the Nutritional Services Website for up-to-date menus, information, and applications
- Free Meals for All Students
Health & Wellness
- Talking to Kids About Covid-19
- Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Resources for Parents
- Covid-19 and Physical Activity and Mindfulness/Yoga at Home
- Physical Activities and Resources for students and parents Description: Learn ways to keep moving and stay healthy.
- PCPS SEL Task Force Resources
- Virginia Physical and Immunization Requirement
- Choices Prevention Center
Families of Students with Disabilities
- Distance Learning and Making Good Decisions Resources
- Northwestern Community Services Board is hosting a virtual event to discuss substance misuse and prevention efforts with Virginia's very own Miss America 2020, Camille Schrier.
In an effort to educate the community, Ms. Schrier will talk about her platform "Mind Your Meds" and also local efforts in our community to address this important issue.
This virtual event is free on December 15th at 3:30pm. Please see the flyer with more information regarding this event.
register/tJcqf- igqz4uHta1cU7T5- PLi8aDRxCntPsc%20e= publishsharelink
Resources FOR PCPS FAMILIES AND STUDENTS
- Page County Connect 2020
- School Health Attestation Form
- Comcast Internet Access for Qualified Families
- Online Learning Resources
- Information Regarding JMU Valley Scholars
- How To Help Your Child Adapt to Wearing A Mask
- Introduction to Schoology
- Massanutten Regional Library (Student Access Card) (SAC)
- UPDATE ON SCHOOLOGY FOR FAMILIES AND STUDENTS
- Schoology Assistance on YouTube
Instructional Resources for Families
Families, feel free to visit the online resources or participate in the activities suggested below if you are looking for something for your child to do while at home.
- Write a letter and send to someone in a nursing home
- Read a book
- Khan Academy https://www.khanacademy.org/
- Project Explorer https://www.projectexplorer.org/
- Delta Math https://deltamath.com/
- Math Prodigy https://www.prodigygame.com/
- Brain Pop https://www.brainpop.com/
- PE Challenge - post a video of something active that you are doing
- IXL https://www.ixl.com/
- Lexia (Elementary students) Lexia (Student login page) Parent information page: https://www.lexialearning.com/customer-resources/core5-support-for-families
- 30+ Virtual Field Trips
- 77 Simple STEM Activities for Families http://dailystem.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/77-STEM-activities-for-Families.pdf
- Scholastic Learn at Home (Resources from Kindergarten to High School)
- World Book Resources (Just sign up with email and there are all kinds of resources from ebooks, kids activity corner, drama, and activities in Spanish for ELL)
- ABC MOUSE (Early Learning Academy)
- Knowledge on the Go This website offers free resources for grades k-8 (all subjects), Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, and Pre-Calculus, video lessons taught by teachers, worksheets, etc.
- Impacting Students-Improving Curriculum (Facebook Page adding new resources for parents and students) --new resources added to their page daily
- More Online Technology Resources (Google Doc with multiple links for all kinds of learners)
- VA State Superintendent Announces Second Season of "VA TV Classroom" Local channels for the Shenandoah Valley are Shenandoah Valley: via antenna 51.2, Comcast 9, 798 (HD) and 1042 (HD).